Wednesday, April 2

Metta evokes within a warm-hearted feeling of fellowship, sympathy and love which grows boundless with practice.


Detail of "Metta" © Mary Becker Weiss
Detail of "Metta" 
© Mary Becker Weiss

Metta evokes within a warm-hearted feeling of fellowship, sympathy and love which grows boundless with practice and overcomes all social, religious, racial, political and economic barriers. Metta is a universal, unselfish, all embracing love.
In memory of 
Mary Samuel Reid
With love and gratitude

2 comments:

  1. “My heart wells up when I look at your “Metta” just above my desk where I am in its company every day. It reminds me to continually “come out,” to emerge from the places of ennui, stagnation, rigidity and indifference which lure even the most hardy souls to share their company. My “Metta” also evokes your warm and passionate presence and I will never gaze upon it without holding you in the Light and wishing you health, happiness, safety and a deep sense of ease in this good life we are given.” ~ M

    ReplyDelete
  2. In memory of Mary Samuel Reid
    With love and gratitude for her gift of “Metta” which I will carry with me, share and practice whenever/wherever I can. I will always remember Mary’s advice, “extend Metta to those you feel may least deserve it. It won’t always be easy.”

    She was right! It actually works when you least expect it…

    ReplyDelete